Delivering leading methods and investigation in urban and regional development:
- Smart city planning and strategies
- Transportation and mobility
- Mobility and interaction modelling
- Economic analysis
- Applied human–computer interaction approaches in analysing and explaining urban activities
- Provide developed models using Multi-Agent Transport Simulation software (MATSim) and creating user-friendly interface software
- Investigated route corridors, traffic, pedestrian and cycle options
- Development of Business Case studies and economic assessments for major infrastructure projects
Producing applied analytics, software development and machine learning encompassing future cities demands, energy source forecasting, and digital twin development.
- Managing data science
- Audit and analysis of big data
- Research and development of data driven infrastructure
- Preparation of spatial intelligence and climate monitoring maps
- Mitigation of natural disasters such as bushfire and flooding
- Design optimisation and decision support systems
Projects with CSIRO Data61:
- Developed modelling software combining flood modelling with transport simulation modelling for flood evacuations
- Created a people and transport movement forecast model under COVID-19 conditions for Indonesia
Research and Development
Advancing latest technologies and research in waste and renewable energy development:
- Energy from Waste
- Environmental waste management
- Microgrid feasibility studies
- Hydrogen fuel storage
Projects with Pacific Consultants Co., Ltd.:
- Studying, planning and providing solutions on various avenues of renewable energy within the local context and feasible practices
- Utilising the latest technologies to achieve a most environmentally suitable energy source
- Evaluating and devising microgrid systems and energy from waste facilities including operational management and related economics
- Researching and developing alternative energy sources and associated issues such as hydrogen fuel and its storage and biomass application
Offering specialised expertise, assessments, and management in projects:
- Infrastructure planning
- Project management
- Project viability and value
- Funding mechanisms
- Benefit-cost and economic analysis
- Mathematical economic analysis
- Provided specialised expertise and input to support clients in the development of new schemes as well as review, assess and manage complex and demanding projects
- Prepared studies to assess project viability and value. Provide special assistance in the development of new and innovative projects
- Offered expert advice on funding mechanisms and sources for a broad range of Public-Private Partnership and infrastructure projects including preparation of benefit-cost and economic analysis
About URaP International
Urban Research and Planning Proprietary Limited is an Australian owned company.
Urban Research and Planning (URaP) was established in 1994 and registered as Proprietary Limited (Pty. Ltd.)
company in 1997 with trading name URaP International since 2013.
URaP International is committed to 3 key principles:
maintain best relationship with clients to ensure the delivery
of projects with highest level of integrity and code of
- Knowledge transfer: endeavour to exchange and convey information and skills at a maximum level.
- Value for money: provide high quality works supported by highly experienced experts.
URaP International has offices in Sydney and representation in several Asian countries, including Japan, India and Indonesia.
URaP International adheres to:
- Fair operating practices within Australia and overseas especially with our international projects and partners.
All our practices are maintained to highest standards and ethical practices.
- Sustainable procurement in terms of organisational governance, human rights, labour practices,
the environment, fair operating practices and community involvement and development.
- Ethical employment practices including offering flexible working arrangements, imparting fair pay,
implementing workplace, health and safety requirements, and encouraging all employees to protect the environment.
URaP International also promotes a Social Enterprise practice of supporting social causes.
Dr K Tara
Dr M Arioka
Emeritus Prof J Black
URaP International is driven to create smarter techniques and technologies towards better
living for people with our surrounding environment. Our key focus areas are in improving the urban living
environment, advancing renewables and waste management and developing data-driven science planning tools.
URaP International is about people committed to better and more sustainable society.
We always aim for creative and smart solutions. We always put people and the future first.
We endeavour to always satisfy trust, integrity, and quality of works.
URaP International brings expertise and resources together to deliver the latest research and best technology.
We work collaroboratively with many affilated firms, complimenting each other and expanding our skills and capabilities.
We are further supported by experienced and highly reputable experts from around the world.
+61 2 9736 1792
84 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000
PO BOX 451
Eastwood NSW 2122